Coffee Mug
Milo Aukerman once sang "I don't need no kiss & hugs..."
I do. I not ashamed of saying it, and I'm not afraid to ask for it.
What I am afraid of is myself. I feel like I've destroyed every good relationship I've been in (three failed engagements, one long term disaster of a relationship, too many one-night stands when only about half of them had any feeling...). I don't know if that'll change.
Right now, I feel like Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch combined: unable to stop moving, unable to control my power. Constantly doing artwork and songs for other people, because I somehow feel I had this debt to repay. I have Soul Doubt.
How do I make myself happy? How do I allow myself love when I feel incapable of truly sharing myself with others?
I don't know if I can be intimate any more. I want to be, no doubt. I'm willing to try. Maybe that's what I'm afraid of: my effort not mattering. Like everything I do won't mean anything to anyone; that I'm screaming into the Wind.
I do. I not ashamed of saying it, and I'm not afraid to ask for it.
What I am afraid of is myself. I feel like I've destroyed every good relationship I've been in (three failed engagements, one long term disaster of a relationship, too many one-night stands when only about half of them had any feeling...). I don't know if that'll change.
Right now, I feel like Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch combined: unable to stop moving, unable to control my power. Constantly doing artwork and songs for other people, because I somehow feel I had this debt to repay. I have Soul Doubt.
How do I make myself happy? How do I allow myself love when I feel incapable of truly sharing myself with others?
I don't know if I can be intimate any more. I want to be, no doubt. I'm willing to try. Maybe that's what I'm afraid of: my effort not mattering. Like everything I do won't mean anything to anyone; that I'm screaming into the Wind.
Comments
Post a Comment