"What Have We Done?" progress

Even though I had set a deadline of a month to do this project, I may have been a little optimistic. I ended up making the assets to a higher quality than I originally intended, so that's good. Also, the album recording for which the video is being created for has been postponed, so taking longer on the video doesn't seem like such a big deal.

The rigs are done (might make a few corrective blend shapes), the animatic's done, there are temp shots in place with work in progress compositing... just need to finish modeling the background assets, texture, light and animate. The modeling is obviously the most time consuming part for me, and I think unless I just do rough animation, I'll hold off until there's a proper recording to sync to.

Here's what I've done so far today:







I didn't use reference images, so I think it came out ok.

*Update: I just thought I'd mention that everything in the picture is unwrapped and has uniquely named materials with the surface attributes roughed in. Although this is taking longer than a month, I should note that if I kept to the same pace as I kept during Noomsi, etc., it would be complete. I've been more concerned with getting regular sleep, not stressing, and taking care of "life" stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts