BDR Poster - Old Town Tavern
Above is the most recent poster I've made for my reggae band Bremerton Dub Rockers (also on FB). The first idea I had for it was a little more complex. I thought about doing a more "kinetic anatomy" style painting, like those of my teacher Amy D'Apice, of a reggae soundclash. After searching for soundclash pictures (meh) and dancehall pics (curvy girls dressed in string?), I found some suitable reference in some old Jimmy Cliff footage.
I've been making posters for BDR for a while now, mostly in conjunction with my buddy and bassist Ryan McCrow, but after reading an article on fellow alum Dave Gallo's experiences at Flatstock, I decided to go for a slightly more "graphic design-y" approach. This influenced my decision to use the ben day dots on the horizon, the simple color (easy reproduction), and strong text (well, mostly).
I designed the BDR logo way back in 2003 before I knew practically anything about graphic design, and am at least happy that no one in their right mind would try and imitate it. Except Beggin' Strips. Older posters:
I've been making posters for BDR for a while now, mostly in conjunction with my buddy and bassist Ryan McCrow, but after reading an article on fellow alum Dave Gallo's experiences at Flatstock, I decided to go for a slightly more "graphic design-y" approach. This influenced my decision to use the ben day dots on the horizon, the simple color (easy reproduction), and strong text (well, mostly).
I designed the BDR logo way back in 2003 before I knew practically anything about graphic design, and am at least happy that no one in their right mind would try and imitate it. Except Beggin' Strips. Older posters:








Comments
Post a Comment